Monday, May 5, 2008

Gotta get the tooth, man

Last Friday, when flossing Marin's teeth, I noticed how loose her left upper front tooth was, and told her it would come out soon. Saturday............no tooth. Sunday.................no tooth.
Sunday night Marin was tossing and turning and working that tooth like there was no tomorrow. She would not go to sleep. Finally I asked her if she wanted me to pull the tooth. She said yes. I asked her why. She said she wants to show it to Mrs. Whynot (her kindergarten teacher). So I pulled it. Marin was thrilled and fell asleep in about 3 seconds.

Monday AM I take Marin to school. She rushes to Mrs. Whynot who makes a big to-do about the lost tooth. Then Mrs. Whynot says "Marin, this is the first lost tooth of the month, that means you win the big prize for May." Marin was beaming. I thought to myself "So this is what all that commotion was about last night."

No comments: