Thursday, November 29, 2007

What is it with Stickers??

Last weekend Emmy developed a ridiculous fever - 103 at one point - so I got her to the Doc first thing Monday AM.

As we sat in the waiting room, Emmy was practically comatose in my arms. Same in the exam room. The Doc was poking and prodding her ears, eyes, nose. Took a throat culture. Slapped that freezing cold stethoscope in her back and chest. Emmy was silent and motionless through the entire process - just giving us a vacant stare under heavy eyelids.

So I grab the prescription, bundle Emmy up, and am heading out to the car when Emmy suddenly comes to life. "Daddy. Stop. Stop now." she whimpered. I asked her what was wrong, thinking she had to use the potty. Emmy says "Doctor supposed to give me stickers. Go ask him."

No comments: