Monday, March 2, 2009

Contentment

I took Marin to the Conference Basketball Championship at the local college. We walked into the gym and took our usual seats. Marin asked to sit somewhere else, so I told he to choose a new seat. "Really? Anywhere I want? You come with me, Daddy?"

So Marin chooses two seats right smack in the middle of the visiting students section - Emmanual College from Boston. Marin was so excited, almost giddy, then this look of total contentment and comfort came over her face. I asked Marin if she was happy. She said she was.

"Why are you so happy?"

"Look at all the brown skin people! We are sitting right here with all of them."

I guess I need to get her out of maine more often.

2 comments:

Sha Zam- said...

OMG OMG OMG! I've been searching high and low for more Ethiopia families in maine. Color me a fan from here forward. I'm now going to be following this blog.

I betting I'm a little North of you in the Bangor/Orono area. I'm with CHSFS and still waiting. YEAH!

Jebena said...

Marin's my kinda girl!