Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hey, Goombah!

The other night I was teasing Emmy about something. Finally, she got fed up, whipped her head around to face me, stuck a finger in my chest and said "Daddy, you stop it right now! Capish?"

I said "What? Capish? Where did you learn that word?"

(For those of you who do not know, capish is Italian for "Understand?" and something that my Grandmother, Grandfather, and Father often said when I was growing up)

Emmy got that smirky look on her face like "Oh, now whose in the drivers' seat?" I asked her several times to tell me where she learned capish and she just sat there grinning.

Finally, Marin, apparently annoyed with both of us exclaims "Daddy! Capish! Do you understand me? Now be quiet!"

For crying out loud, both of my kids know Capish and I have no idea where they learned it!

No comments: