Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some assembly required

Tonight I had an opportunity to watch Emmy eat her peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I make these sandwiches the same way I imagine most parents do.
- put the peanut butter on one entire side of one slice
- put the jelly on one entire side of another slice
- put the two coated sides facing each other
- cut in half so little hands can manage

Emmy takes the sandwich apart so she has four pieces of bread facing her coating side up. Then she puts the peanut butter pieces together to make a peanut butter sandwich and the jelly pieces together to make a jelly sandwich. She eats the PB first and the jelly second.

When she was done eating I asked her why she did that.

She said "because I like the jelly part best and I want to eat it for dessert."

When I asked her where she learned to do that she said "I teached myself."

No comments: